On Wednesday (Feb 29th) Jon and I went to our 12 week appointment. As my doctor ran the doppler over my stomach in search of our baby's heartbeat, I began to feel very anxious -- she wasn't finding it. After what seemed like an eternity she stated that if she wasn't able to find the heartbeat we would have an ultrasound (noo...not again!) to see what's going on. Shortly after those words came out of her mouth she said, "Oh there it is! The little stinker is way over here. Do you hear it?" As she moved the doppler ever so slightly we heart the sweetest sound -- our baby's racing heartbeat--173 bpm!! Jon reached over and grabbed my hand as we both said, "Yaay!" in unison!:) It was such a relief to know that our baby was okay! God is so good -- all the time! Even when things aren't easy or go the way we have planned -- He remains faithful! We are continuing to place this little one's life into His hands and pray-- Lord have Your way.
How far along?: 12 Weeks (3 days)
Symptoms: Frequent restroom trips and nausea -- I thought around 12 weeks it was supposed to get better. Unfortunately, the past two days I have felt even MORE nauseous!
Food cravings: Lucky Charms -- healthy I know! Thankfully the craving for McDonald's french fries was short lived.;)
Food aversions: I'm still forcing down salad.
Sleep: Still falling asleep on the couch around 7:30 each night -- getting lots of sleep!
Miss anything? Going on long runs AND surfing Pinterest-- seeing the food makes me nauseous.
Best moment this week: Hearing our babies heartbeat and being able to share the news with all of our family and friends!
Most difficult moment this week: Anxiousness leading up to the heartbeat appointment.
Goal for the week: Continue to TRUST God with this little one's future
Next Dr. appointment: March 28th!
Suzanne! You have a blog!! Now that you have a baby, you just need to post pictures of her all the time on here ;)
ReplyDelete