Wednesday, February 29, 2012

5 Weeks

This week we found out we're expecting! On Monday (Jan. 9th) things just didn't seem "right". I told myself I wasn't going to take a test as I'd been disappointed so many times before. However, Tuesday morning when I woke up I just couldn't wait any longer so I decided to take a pregnancy test -- expecting to have my week start with a(nother) major bummer. A pink line immediately came onto the screen. "That was quick..." I thought to myself. It took me a few seconds to realize it was the "congratulations-your-prayers-have-been-answered-and-you're-going-to-be-a-mommy-!" line. The second line appeared and I was ECSTATIC!! I spent the next moments praising God for answering our prayers. Jon was sleeping so I decided I was going to wait until I got home from work to share the news with him -- in a cute/creative way. Well...creative is overrated.

I called him on my lunch break and he happened to ask me if there was something I needed to tell him. "No... Why?!" I quickly replied. I thought he had maybe found the test where I had hidden it (I took the extreme measures because he ALWAYS spotted the negative tests in the trash). Before Jon had to go he asked me if there was anything I needed. And just like that my hopes for cuteness and creativity were dashed by, "Well...actually..I do...could you go into the bathroom and look in the cupboard next to my basket?" He proceeded to find the test, pulled it out, and said, "WHAT is this?! After seeing the two pink lines he shouted, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!! Suz, I'm going to be a dad!" It made my heart sooo happy to hear the emotion in his voice. He later told me that he was smiling the entire day! Awww..I love him!:) 

The day we found out about our growing family I expressed to Jon that I was having a really hard time with feelings of fear and anxiety over what "could" happen. Despite how excited I was, it was so hard for me to not think the worst since our previous pregnancy experience a year and a half ago. Well, that morning Jon had coincidentally "God-incidentally" came across a quote on Twitter that he was able to share with me..

"Do not let your happiness depend on something you may lose; only upon the Beloved who will never pass away." -C.S Lewis


This quote has gone through my mind countless times since, and I have been trying to focus on finding my joy in Christ alone. I have felt an amazing amount of peace the past two days. Today, when I was approaching a moment of weakness, I consciously decided to take the thoughts captive and place my fears into my Heavenly Father's hands. Ultimately, I have no control over what the future holds -- so I might as well hand it over to the One who does. Jeremiah 17: 7-8 has also stuck with me this week:


“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
   whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
   that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
   its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
   and never fails to bear fruit.”
       
  
God's ways are perfect and with His strength I will continue to experience the true peace that only He can provide. 


(Bristol is excited too!:) )


Here is the first bump "baby-bloat" picture :)

How far along?: 5 Weeks (3 days)

Symptoms: Frequent restroom trips, occasionally lightheaded and nauseous, sleepy!!
Food cravings: string cheese and...chocolate milk! 
Food aversions:cereal with milk -- otherwise it just depends on the moment.
Sleep: Waking up very early and unable to fall back asleep (maybe from the excitement?) 
Miss anything? Eating the french silk pie I made for our Bible study (it contained raw eggs) 
Best moment this week: Finding out we are HAVING A BABY!!!
Most difficult moment this week: Keeping our BIG secret from so many -- only our parents and a couple others know -- we only told because we can really use some prayer warriors right now!
Goal for the week: TRUST God with this little one's future
First Dr. appointment: February 1st (Family/medial history appointment)






3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cute story and I only wish the best for you guys! Having babies is one of the greatest gift that god can give us and it truly is a perfect example of a miracle. Good luck on your new journey as a larger family. Also, I will be praying for an easy and healthy 35 weeks to go. Congrats again!!! <3 Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne and Jon,
    Congrats! What a wonderful blessing! I can relate Suzanne to your anxiety and I wanted to pass on 2 books I read throughout my pregnancy with Max. They got me through some days of worry, especially as new changes happen to your body.
    The first one is "Your Pregnancy Devotional, 280 days of Prayer and Inspiration" and the 2nd is Prayers for Expectant Mothers: Celebrating the Miracle of Life" by Angela Thomas Guffey. My sister gave me the 2nd one and I have given it as a gift many times as well.
    Enjoy this miracle and congrats again!
    Sarah Fare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brooke...we cannot wait to take the leap into parenthood!:) Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

    Sarah, thank you for the book recommendations I will be on the hunt for them!:)

    ReplyDelete