Saturday, February 6, 2010

House Hunters

Lately I (Jon) have been on the house buying kick. I think it is mainly due to our dear friends at HGtv. We love (nicer way to say we're addicted to) shows like House Hunters, Property Virgins, and My First Place. Trayed ceilings, hardwood floors, white trim, stainless steel appliances, glass tile backsplash -- umm.. are husbands supposed to have opinions on these things?! Last Monday we were excited to experience our very first walk through of a house. It was a "charming" 1865 {the year my rather honest 8th cousin was killed in unfortunate incident -- a PRESIDENTIAL ASSASSINATION!!! So... my mom's mom 's (or GRANDMA) maiden name was Lincoln, and she was thought to have been Abe's 6th cousin.. kinnnda sketch?} Victorian two story with lots of character! But after seeing the sloping kitchen floor, feeling cold air seep through the windows, noting there was no eat-in kitchen, and descending into the dungeon {aka- creepy basement}...we decided that the search for our "first place" would have to be postponed... at LEAST a week... which we are totally content with. For now we will just pay off school loans and be satisfied with paying our inexpensive rent--rather than a mortgage!

1 comment:

  1. I love House Hunters!!! And totally agree on the white trim, hardwood floors, tray ceilings glass tile back-splashes. But just think, it's all so expensive too. Believe me, I know, ha ha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete