Monday, January 25, 2010

This is where it all begins...

So I never thought I'd be a "blogger"...but here I am. After many months of stalking my friend Angie's blog I have decided that creating a blog would be a great way to record life's events--especially when some kiddos come along in the future (don't get excited -- that's not a hint)!:)

Today is our sixth month anniversary and I thought it would be fun to kick-start the blogging by going over the top twenty highlights/blessings/lessons learned from our first few months of being married. Here it goes...

1. A week and a half after our wedding I was offered my first full time job as a second grade teacher!! It is so incredible to look back and see how God orchestrated it all perfectly by closing multiple doors in Minnesota to lead us to where we are now. Jon was also offered a full time job as an insurance salesman.
2. The toilet seat being left up is a new fact of life.
3. According to Jon I am a bed hog and talk in my sleep--who knew!? I'll blame the bed hog thing on my parents. Since I was in kindergarten I have slept on a "full" sized bed!
4. Cooking a large meal each night poses a threat to Jon's six (5,4,3,2...) pack.
5. Budgeting = no fun for a girl who loves to shop!
6. Turmoil exists in a marriage until both partners are willing to lay aside their own selfish desires.
7. If one gets sick--we both get sick.
8. Having a place to call our own has been so much fun!
9. I have come to the realization that Jon is a homebody and there's no changing it.
10. I love spending time with Jon, but I desperately need female interactions as well.
11. Time in God's Word is crucial.
12.I could spend every penny I earn decorating our home.
13. After being four hours away from my family for the past five years it is great to be near them again.
14. Jon and I have been blessed with the opportunity to work with the senior high youth group at our church.
15. Sweets (especially chocolate) do not last long in our home.
16. Above all, Love one another.
17. God has brought new friends into our lives that Jon and I both look forward to growing closer with over the years to come.
18.A clean kitchen lasts much longer than it did when I lived with seven girls.
19. Jon doesn't mind wearing the same clothes multiple times in one week--no wonder he has a difficult time letting me buy new clothes!
20.God's will for our lives is perfect.

5 comments:

  1. haha - oh the days of roommate kitchen cleaning! i remember the craziness of your kitchen. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...oooh yes. How could anyone forget!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that I inspired you to take a step forward from stalker to blogger :) This will be fun to converse with you in a whole new way...through the blog world. Although it cannot take place of meeting together, just as Jesus said, ha ha. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, like the new blog look. But liked the old one too. Who else would change their blog already but you my dear friend :) And I also like that there is lots of room on the side for photos of your future kids, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...yes lots of room...:) You always have to throw that in there...I'm starting to see a trend!:)

    ReplyDelete